Re: Gtk window.show() (maybe just c++ related)

Paul Davis wrote:
Eric,

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/index.html

In general when you're looking at the API, if you're wanting to do
something that the API warns is incorrect, there's probably a very
good reason. Your best bet is to ask on the mailing list why its a bad
idea and for other means in accomplishing the same goal.

You'll probably find that the gtkmm tutorial is a much better place to
start than reading the actual API.  It trys to give an overview of the
important ideas behind building gtkmm apps so you can figure out the
details later.

Other than that, good luck. I think you'll find gtkmm is a very easy
toolkit to use after a bit of use.

Paul Davis

TreeViews are a real pain. Consider making something like a microsoft excel sheet. Columns are independants each one from the other. They can have a different number of rows. A TreeView::Selection means nothing in this situation. A row means nothing as well. I'm sure a lot of people just need this simple thing. The only way I found to do that was to tell TreeView::Selection that none of the rows are selectable, and to code my own TreeView::Selection. Starting from this point of view, that is, a situation that was not thought to be useful for users, many methods marked as "don't use it!" are needed.

As i write my first programs, maybe i'm asking too much from a toolkit.

___________________________________________________________________________ D�uvrez une nouvelle fa� d'obtenir des r�nses �outes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des exp�ences des internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/R�nses http://fr.answers.yahoo.com