Re: TreeView Design

   typedef typename Gtk::TreeModelColumn<ColumnType>::ValueType ValueType;

   ValueType value;
   value.init(column.type());

   value.set(data);
   this->set_value_impl(column.index(), value);
}

Here is the catch though ...

typedef T                      ElementType;
typedef Glib::Value<T>  ValueType;

Its using GType, I can't do that. I have looked at Qt, and it seems
there is some great union of common Qt types involved to allow the use
of an API similar to that seen in GTKmm.

I *think* these things are required for this sort of approach to work,
and I'm not sure I like them, or if I will get away with implementing
such a thing here.