TreeView Design

Hello List,

I have the task of implementing a TreeView / ListView. I want to base
my API on the one I know and love in GTKmm.

I am wondering, is it possible to implement this architecture in pure
C++? Looking at the code, you can see that it delegates to C in the
end (of course) and uses such things as GType, which perhaps aren't
C++ friendly.

I can see that the key point is to abstract away the data type and the
way it is rendered, away from the model and the view respectively, and
I can see that the GTKmm approach does this. But is it feasable
without "hacky" C code?

Any thoughts on this greatfully received.

Many thanks.

Gaz