Re: Gtk::Expander and the activate signal

>> I just put a Gtk::Expander widget into a dialog and wanted to catch the
>> "activate" signal which should be emitted whenever the expander is
>> opened,
>> but unfortunately Expander.hg (gtkmm 2.8.1) handles activate like this:
>>
>> _IGNORE_SIGNAL("activate") // keybinding
>
> What piece of documentation says that this signal will be emitted when the
> expander is expanded? It might be true, but we'd need to see the
> documenation saying it.

In fact, the GtkExpander documentation says
"
The expander widget has an expanded property which can be used to monitor
its expansion state. You should watch this property with a signal
connection as follows:

expander = gtk_expander_new_with_mnemonic ("_More Options");
g_signal_connect (expander, "notify::expanded",
                  G_CALLBACK (expander_callback), NULL);
"

The C++ equivalent would be

expander.property_expanded().signal_changed().connect(
  sigc::mem_fun( yadda yadda )
);

[snip]

www.openismus.com