Gtk::Expander and the activate signal

Hi,

I just put a Gtk::Expander widget into a dialog and wanted to catch the "activate" signal which should be emitted whenever the expander is opened, but unfortunately Expander.hg (gtkmm 2.8.1) handles activate like this:

_IGNORE_SIGNAL("activate") // keybinding

Now, that's a fairly cryptic reason for ignoring the aforementioned signal, which after all is pretty useful (for example to populate it on demand in my case), so I was hoping that someone could shed some light; or is this a good thing to add as request for enhancement?

Regards and thanks

/Jacek