RE: Speaking of cairomm ...

(Sorry murray, pressed reply instead of reply to all there)

> I started dbus-cpp (without a glibmm dependency) then started
> dbusmm (with
> a glibmm dependency, wrapping the dbus-glib API). They are both in the
> freedesktop cvs. I haven't had much time to get the examples working.

Groovy, I had no idea dbusmm was already off the ground. I just spent a
while getting a dbus enabled project working (well, almost), I wrote the
dbus interaction stuff in C, and had to bungle my way through learning
gobject stuff (urgh). Might be worth taking a copy of my code and playing
with dbusmm, give it a test drive so to speak. Mixing C and template code is
proving hairy anyway.

I used the tool that converts the xml spec into glue code/stubs. Do we have
a similar thing for *mm now too?

> Someone needs to spend time on this.

So the intention is to have both, that's good. I did wonder myself how this
might play with a main loop.

Cheers mate,

Gaz