Re: [gtkmm] Is Gtkmm stable and mature on Win32?

hi folk's,

i'm not an expert developer, i'm a rookie :-)
i'm a computer technician and OS expert and few month ago i've decided
to start for learn to programming.
I mean there aren't a question, qut 2 questions!
Java is better? or C / C++?
next, what library is better to learn??
Java is ok (my first choose), is multiplatform and web oriented, is good
to develop client/server programs and applications for Application
server. Well, but it isn't good for make system programs, daemons or
other things like it! all the kernels and OS is C / C++ !!

Next, if you choose Java, what library i want to use? SWT or Swing?
for C/C++ WxWidgets or Gtk+/Gtkmm???
WxWidgets is very good and very complete library... Gtkmm haven't all
the kinds of toolkit than WxWidget! But why the experts prefere Gtkmm??
I have installed into my pc a suse 9.1 and i seen both the library are
installed! wxWidget for a program only!! why??? ;-((

ok, i have choose:
C++ because if i need to make a system program i can, the program is
very quickly and is however multiplatform.
Gtkmm is only a wrapper than gtk+. The performance is better than
wxwidgets and i think is better supported and updated.

i have wrote some small program and tryed to build under linux and
windows... is ok.

Roberto
excuse me for my poor english :-))