Re: [gtkmm] usual query

well im on gentoo, and ive got pkgconfig installed via emerge, though ive just done it by hand too to save that arguement, and it still gives that problem. As far as i can tell pkgconfig is installed and working.

whereis pkgconfig
pkgconfig: /usr/lib/pkgconfig /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

pkg-config --list-all | grep gtkmm
gtkmm-2.0                   GTKmm - C++ wrapper for GTK+
gtkmm-2.4                   gtkmm - C++ wrapper for GTK+

so thats that.

@ hagen: i'll do that, but im willing to wager that when i get this fixed it was a problem with the autoconf file or such, and not gentoo in any way. Ive been using gentoo for several years so the system *should* be fine. It just seemed logical to ask the gtkmm people, since im trying to build a gtkmm project and they would be the people with gtkmm autotools related wisdom. Was also trying to avoid cross posting and duplicating, but ill give it a go.

@ murray: er, sorry for annoying you. I can assure you this issue has annoyed me many fold more than these posts have you, its infuriating to have the build keep borking. Also im only building a single file project to keep things simple while im trying to track down why this wont work. As i said before, i can compile the file by hand with no issues at all. (Which also gives weight to pkgconfig being installed correctly).

guess i'll have to goto the gentoo people as well, sigh. I hate it when you know the answer is obvious but elusive, thats 1/2 of why this is so annoying.