Re: [gtkmm] usual query

> Cristian Adam wrote:
> > Sirex wrote:
> >

> >> does anyone also know of a guide to using glade with gtkmm. -- ive
> >> found the 3-4 lines on the subject in the docs to gtkmm, and it was
> >> frankly, pitterful. iirc i had issues with glade-2 not having an undo
> >> feature and someone told me glade-3 was discontinued :-/ -- unhappy
> >> camper.
> >>
> > About glade-3, it's not discontinued! Look for yoursef at the mailing
> > list: http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/glade-devel/
> >
> > In order to get the glade-3 sources type these comands:
> > export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous anoncvs gnome org:/cvs/gnome
> > cvs co glade3
> >
> > and hope for the best. (like I'm doing right now :) )
> >
> I've build the source package and binaries for Slackware 9.1.
> You can get them from here: http://ksenjak.com/drac/glade-2.90.0/
>
> This is my first impression: it's sexier and it has undo/redo!!!
>
> P.S.
> I had to hack the CVS sources to make it work, no big deal some
> autoconf issues.

hmmm, interesting. ill go download glade-2 from there and i guess thats good news about glade-3. Would be nice to actually have a short tutorial about using the produced files in gtkmm though. i know "how" to do it, but i dont think ill ever suss it out until i see it done with code.... Maybe a hello world app between glade and gtkmm ?

guess ill just have to carry on fighting my IDE t make it link against everything i need and such. I was having trouble going from libsigc 1.2 to 2.0 after a gtkmm upgrade, which was annoying.

Gtkmm needs a nice book about it :-p