Re: [gtkmm] usual query

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:33:53 +0200
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

> > > I've build the source package and binaries for Slackware 9.1.
> > > You can get them from here: http://ksenjak.com/drac/glade-2.90.0/
>
> I doubt that the glade-3 maintainers will appreciate you making a
> release before they have made a release.
>
> [snip]. Would be nice to actually have a short tutorial about using the produced files in gtkmm though. i know "how" to do it, but i dont think ill ever suss it out until i see it done with code.... Maybe a hello world app between glade and gtkmm ?
>
> As mentioned in the book, there is an example in libglademm. It is
> simple, because it is simple.
>
> --
> Murray Cumming
> murrayc murrayc com
> www.murrayc.com

well, ive spent er, 14 hours today pi**ing with autotools trying to make them compile my little project (which is just test of that "simple" .glade usage). No IDE involved this time, thought id just try to manually before i introduce all that extra headache. A little fustrated to say the least. I can make it compile by hand, but using auto tools is a nightmare. Even the example gtkmm_hello wont compile. its this sort of messing about with libs that i couldnt figure out with gtkmm before. I dont think ive written a single LOC today :-( .

i can make it aclocal, autoconf and automake fine (no errors) but ./configure gives gtkmm.h not found. (using #include <gtkmm.h>) ive installed gtkmm correctly afaik (seems to work for other projects), and also installed gconf, glibmm, glademm, and all of the other gubbings i could possibly find, but no joy.

locate gtkmm.h gives:
/usr/include/gtkmm-2.4/gtkmm.h
/usr/include/gtkmm-2.0/gtkmm.h

pkg-config gives
gtkmm-2.0 GTKmm - C++ wrapper for GTK+
gtkmm-2.4 gtkmm - C++ wrapper for GTK+

is there an example autotools + gtkmm (+ .glade?) demo, which hasnt already gone through the autoconf automake aclocal stages (so its easy to see files that were supplyed and those that were auto-generated), which doesn't care about gettext support, and which actually compiles ?