Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm-2.4.2 on win32

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 03:25, Timothy M. Shead wrote:
> Cedric Gustin wrote:
>
> > You should not use the cygwin posix layer with my port. The GTK+ runtime
> > I use is a native one (http://www.gimp.org/win32 for details). You must
> > either use mingw (http://www.mingw.org) to compile k-3d against
> > gtkmm-2.4 on win32 or pass the '-mno-cygwin' flag to cygwin-g++,
> > although you might stumble across conflicts between the version of gcc I
> > use (mingw32-gcc 3.2.3) and the one provided with cygwin (3.3.x). I
> > strongly recommend the mingw approach.
>
> FWIW, the cygwin gcc seems to work fine building the gtkmm demos, both
> with-and-without the "-mno-cygwin" flag.  Building K-3D using
> "-mno-cygwin" changes the output slightly, but the link problems persist
> - here is a representative sample, easier to read than the first:

Good to know that the mingw32-gcc 3.2 generated binaries work with
cygwin-gcc 3.3. I'm a bit surprized that it even works without the
'-mno-cygwin' flag. Mixing the msvcrt and cygwin runtimes is not a good
thing IMHO, and creates some licensing issue (linking against the cygwin
POSIX layer makes your code GPL).

Cedric