[gtkmm] Locale problem

Hi,

I have developed a digital signature application. It consists
of a library that handles XAdES compatible XML signatures
(libdigidoc) and a GUI application that uses GTKmm and provides
and interface for this library (gdigidoc). Now I'm trying to
add other locale support for this application. I followed the
instructions in GTKmm tutorial but it doesn't work. Compilation
works fine and I verified that it installes a gdigidoc.mo
in /usr/local/share/locale/et/LC_MESSAGES/ but when I start the
programm it displays the standard GTK menuitems in my locale (et)
but all the stuff I translated was displayed in default locale.
I tried this on many platforms (Mandrake 9.2, Mandrake 10, Fedora
Core 2 etc.) but allways the same problem. I also did a simple test
by downloading the sample gtkmm_demo application and adding a new
locale translation to it. Changed the configure.in, compiled and
installed but this too doesn't work. What could be the problem?
Please take a look at my application at:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/gdigidoc. Here you find in the
release 0.0.5 a package gdigidoc-0.0.5-2.tgz where I added the
locale support. What could be my mistake?

regards,

Veiko