Re: [gtkmm] combo incremental search

Barnaby Gray wrote:

All I was trying to say is that there is often this misconception by
individuals that open source has some expectations of theirs to meet,
and any falling short is solely the responsibility of the
authors. Queries should never be phrased as demands, and phrases like
"The absence of this singular feature prevents me..." is never going
to endear you to the authors. I would tend to feel rather indifferent
to claims like these when people overstate them to build some kind of
self importance.

And then again - that's no different in the commercial world.

Try a similar approach with, for example, m$ - They'd probably ignore you, tell you they wouldn't do it, or perhaps, if you're lucky, they'll add it release x.y scheduled on a year from now.

The only difference is that the probably won't do it even if you ask them nicely. :-)

--
Christer Palm