Re: [gtkmm] combo incremental search

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 02:53:27AM +0530, Temple Software wrote:
> Hello,
> I need the combobox to do incremental searching. Is it possible? that is, when
> I press say, 'S' the selection should position automatically to the word
> starting with 'S'. Though in Windows this works by default, I cannot do this
> in gtkmm/gtk+ under Linux. Help!
>
> The absence of this singular feature prevents me from porting a fairly large
> business application from Windows to Linux.

Get off your high horse and stop over exaggerating things. If it's
really the absense of this singular feature, then perhaps it's
important enough for you to look into contributing to open source -
you have everythere ready for you to help out.

Stop trying to apply business logic to open source - you're not paying
for open source and there's no contractual obligation for anyone to
meet your demands. ;-)

Barnaby