Re: [gtkmm] listview: setting textcolor in individual cells in the same column

bart wrote:

I've exactly copied an pasted your code, and i can't manage to get it
working. I suppose it's me being stupid, but the whole thing is a bit
confusing to me.

Hmm. Yes it wasn't the cut, paste n' run kind of example, but one that would actually require you to do some thinking too.

What exactly is myModelColumns.color ? I suppose myModelColumns contains
your columns, but of what type is color?

myModelColumns is supposed to be your TreeModelColumnRecord, and color is a column in which you would put the color of each row (a string). But you can, of course, replace that right-hand side of that line of code with whatever logic you'd like to use to choose the color.

Maybe i'm very close, but since i don't really understand what i am
doing i can't figure it out.
Isn't there more backgroundinformation available on this stuff? I'd love
to know some more, so i can really understand it.

I share your frustration there. As with many parts of gtkmm, this mechanism is not very well documented. The GTK+ docs at least has something to say about it:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTreeViewColumn.html#GtkTreeCellDataFunc

Sometimes the best source of information is just googling around.

--
Christer Palm