[gtkmm] Preferred method to access glade objects within gtkmm

Hi,

I know this must have come up before but I cannot seem to find an answer. I have several dialog objects built in glade-2 and I want to tie them into the main window menu handling system. The trouble seems to be that the glade-- program puts the definition of these objects in the project scope instead of the main window scope. Is there a preferred method of accessing this data from within the main window class? Surprisingly, I cannot find a single application out there which utilizes gtkmm (c++) AND glade-2 AND multiple dialog objects. I definitely want to learn how it is done if there is a suggested methodology. Please advise; thanks.

Also, if there is a class of example programs which tie together multiple objects across source files, please point me in the right direction.

Best Regards,
 Chris Haidinyak