[gtkmm] Real-time redraw

Hi,

I'm developing a real-time application using gtkmm-2.2.5. There are two threads, the GTK main loop thread and a CORBA thread that receives data from another application. This data is updated real-time calling to a Gtk::Label::set_text() method but the corresponding label is not redrawn until I move the cursor!!!

I have tried to call to "queue_draw()", "Gdk::flush", ..., and other recipes I have found in this discussion list but nothing has worked. The only thing it worked was to reimplement the "on_expose_event()" method in the toplevel widget calling to "queue_draw" and "propagate_expose()" for every child, but this let the X process consuming almost 100% CPU.

Can anybody give me some clue?

Thanks a lot.

--
Luis Pastor Vegas - http://PastorL.tripod.com/
Home: mailto:luispastor jazzbohemios com