Re: [gtkmm] Preferred method to access glade objects within gtkmm

Chris Haidinyak schrieb:
Hi,

I know this must have come up before but I cannot seem to find an answer. I have several dialog objects built in glade-2 and I want to tie them into the main window menu handling system. The trouble seems to be that the glade-- program puts the definition of these objects in the project scope instead of the main window scope. Is there a preferred method of accessing this data from within the main window class?

The main function is supposed to be edited by you. And of course you can create a dialog everywhere you want (e.g. inside another ctor or callback) and put a pointer to it inside any class.

Surprisingly, I cannot find a single application out there which utilizes gtkmm (c++) AND glade-2 AND multiple dialog objects. I definitely want to learn how it is done if there is a suggested methodology. Please advise; thanks.

I'd suggest to put persistent dialogs into the main window class [e.g. window1]. Declare the dialog's (widgets or) methods as public you need to use in window1. [do not forget to delete the dialogs in the dtor]

Also, if there is a class of example programs which tie together multiple objects across source files, please point me in the right direction.

You might want to take a look at MAGuS [ http://midgard.berlios.de/ ]. It's a rather complicated glademm based application and the HEAD revision is not that bad code style. Another candidate is ManuProC [ http://manuproc.berlios.de e.g. the pps subdir] but I did not yet write neither packages nor docs for the masses ;-) .

Sadly there exists no really widely spread glademm based application, yet [MAGuS has a very limited _potential_ user base (only the users of a german role playing system)]. AFAIK of course.

   Christof