Re: [gtkmm] Real-time redraw

>I'm developing a real-time application using gtkmm-2.2.5. There are two
>threads, the GTK main loop thread and a CORBA thread that receives data
>from another application. This data is updated real-time calling to a
>Gtk::Label::set_text() method

i trust you are doing this in a thread-safe manner.

>			       but the corresponding label is not redrawn
>until I move the cursor!!!

>I have tried to call to "queue_draw()", "Gdk::flush", ..., and other
>recipes I have found in this discussion list but nothing has worked.

i regret not knowing the gtkmm2 equivalent of this, but in gtk, its:

   gtk_main_iteration ();

you may want to follow that with:

   while (gtk_events_pending()) {
      gtk_main_iteration ();
   }

some people claim that this while loop by itself is enough; for
myself, i have seen cases where i think that gtk_events_pending()
returns false even though redraws are pending.

--p