[gtkmm] Re: gnet-library - C++-bingings?

[cross-posted to gnet-dev and gtkmm, apologies, is of interest to both groups]

Jonas Schrieb wrote:
Hello Tassos

[snip part about my attempt at gnet C++ wrappers]

Maybe you could send me them anyway? So I could learn by example how to
do that stuff.

Thanks,		Jonas

Hi Jonas,
Are you sure? I've just re-read them and they stink[0].

So far, in my attempts to wrap gnet i've found out these facts:
1. while h2defs[1] works on the gnet headers, the resulting defs file
   needs extensive reorganization, as gnet is (mostly) not
   GObject-based.
2. seral "interesting" complexities exist on the async interfaces, which
   would require understanding of SigC::Connection and friends..
3. Oh, and it works very nicely with the event loop :-)

Anyway, for the next 1-2 months I cannot work on this due to RL workload, maybe after that i'd give it a shot.

HTH,
Tassos

[0] Not to mentiuon that they were for gnet-1[-1]
[-1] Not to mention that they have not been tested[i]
[i] Not to mention that they do *not* use gtkprocm

[1] from python2.2-gtk2, takes C headers and parses functions, enumerations and GObject declarations.