[gtkmm] coming from wxWindows - need tips for good networking-libs

Hello.

As mentioned in the topic I switched from wxWindows to gtkmm. This is
because of several reasons that don't matter now.

My question is, how to do networking. I've browsed a bit through the
manual and found some IO-stuff in glib. Is it usable for simple
TCP-client-server stuff?

If not, what's "the gtkmm-developer's" favourite library? I've looked at
some but a feature I miss in every library is one like wxWindow's
"wxSocket event" which notifies me of data available for reading.

If you don't know any libs that can do this how would you handle this
(with gtkmm, glibmm, ... in cooperation with a networking library)?
I'm the client and have nothing else to do than displaying the GUI.
The server sends a package. When the package is incomming some part of
my program gets a "message" that says "hey, you have new messages" and
it starts reading from the socket.

Sorry if these questions are off-topic, but I'm new to gtkmm (with
wxWindows I didn't have these problems, because networking is part of
the framework) and don't know where else to ask.
Sorry if these questions are stupid, but I'm new to "portable network
programming with C++" and it was quite easy with wxWindows but I don't
know how to do without it.

Thanks,		Jonas Schrieb