Re: [gtkmm] porting projects from gtkmm-1.2 to gtkmm2

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 20:06, Leandro Fanzone wrote:.
> At the time the application was finished and running, there was no
> hint that CList would die any time soon (Karl's times).

OK. I would just like to repeat what we said during the development - If
support for deprecated widgets was important enough to anybody then they
were welcome to do the work. For instance, you might have found it
easier to implement Gtk::CList in gtkmm2 than to port your code. In
fact, _nobody_ considered it important enough to work on it.

Even now, anyone can start a gtkmm2_deprecated_widgets project.

This is our long-standing rule: If something isn't important enough for
people to do themselves then it probably isn't important enough for us
to do it for them. The rest of gtkmm2 would never have been finished
either if only I and danielk worked on it.

This isn't aimed at you - I just like the opportunity to say that there
is a plan to all this.

murray usa net