Re: [gtkmm] porting projects from gtkmm-1.2 to gtkmm2

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 18:09, Leandro Fanzone wrote:
> My own experience is that I almost had to rewrite everything from
> scratch. My application was heavy reliant on Gtk::CList which doesn't
> exist anymore, for example. To mimic all the things I had done in CList
> with TreeView was a headache after another. Also all the fonts
> management changed radically. I began to port module by module, until I
> realized that I should better begin from scratch, reusing some of my old
> code here and there, but thinking on the new platform from ground zero.
> Well, that's my case, I think in other cases it could be far more
> easier, naturally.

I think that's an exaggeration. I have ported a large app (Glom), and
all of the gtkmm examples. It was very straightforward. Code that uses
CList or CTree needs to be almost completely rewritten. But you should
have known for a long time that those widgets would die.

murray usa net