[gtkmm] RE: Re: Gtkmm or Qt?

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:39:21 -0500, Dave wrote:

> Like Dr. Phillips, I'm looking into cross-platform GUI toolkits right now,
> and also like Dr. Phillips, I'm concerned about the development tools
> available not only for gtkmm, but all of the toolkits I've looked at. I've
> looked at GTK+, gtkmm, wxWindows, Qt and FLTK and frankly, the GUI building
> tools for all of them stink, IMHO. The reason they "stink" really comes down
> to one thing: None of them really combine RAD with an IDE.

There are other cross platform C++ toolkits, see for example Fox Toolkit
(www.fox-toolkit.org) and Borland CLX.

For an IDE like Borland's c++builder, give VDKBuilder a try,
http://vdkbuilder.sourceforge.net/ . It uses yet another binding of
gtk+ to C++, the VDK toolkit, that is similar to Borland CLX (ie, it
supports assignable properties through a complex template system).

[... about Borland ...]
> product). And of course, they are not cross-platform, at least without
> something like wine.

Borland Kylix uses wine only for the builder, the CLX toolkit is
built on top of Qt.

	Daniel.