Re: [gtkmm] Canvas confusion

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 16:15, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Sorry, I meant libgnomecanvsasmm2.

Ok, then I will install that now.

> No, libgnomecanvasmm != libgnomecanvas. You yourself just told us that
> you have tried to install libgnomecanvasmm.

I installed almost any package and all combinations thereof.

> > Just to be clear:
> >
> > libgnomecanvas2-0
> > libgnomecanvas2-common
> > libgnomecanvas2-dev
> > libgnomecanvasmm1.3-9
> > libgnomecanvasmm1.3-dev
> >
> > And there where libgnomecanvasmm-2.0 packages too (note the mm)
>
> That is not at all clear. What are you trying to tell us? Are these
> lists of rpms/debs? We don't maintain debs or rpms.

Oh, I forgot to mention: these are the available debS
I installed sid some days ago to use gtk2.

> If you are talking about debs or rpms: There should not be both
> libgnomecanvasmm-2.0 and libgnomecanvas-1.3.x packages. They are the
> same thing. Maybe you are using a variety of 3rd party rpms/debs. We
> have no control over what packages other people try to create.
> Personally, I don't use rpms from anyone but my distro and Ximian.

if 2.0 and 1.3x are the same this would explain the double definitions
:)

These are directly from de.debian.org, but maybe I forgot an url or two
when tweaking my sources.list to upgrade from woody to sid (from stable
to unstable)

> There are gtkmm_hello and gnomemm_hello packages that might give you an
> example build structure.

I'll try them.

thx
--