Re: [gtkmm] Canvas confusion

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 14:51, Nabil Sayegh wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 15:24, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > You need gtkmm2 and libgnomecanvas2.

Sorry, I meant libgnomecanvsasmm2.

> You seem to have that already. If
> > you tell us what problems you are having (exactly), then maybe we can
> > tell you how to fix them.
> >
> > There are libgnomecanvasmm examples, but they aren't very good.
>
> libgnomecanvasmm ? Is this in libgnomecanvas2 (no mm in pkg.-name)

No, libgnomecanvasmm != libgnomecanvas. You yourself just told us that
you have tried to install libgnomecanvasmm.

> Just to be clear:
>
> libgnomecanvas2-0
> libgnomecanvas2-common
> libgnomecanvas2-dev
> libgnomecanvasmm1.3-9
> libgnomecanvasmm1.3-dev
>
> And there where libgnomecanvasmm-2.0 packages too (note the mm)

That is not at all clear. What are you trying to tell us? Are these
lists of rpms/debs? We don't maintain debs or rpms.

If you are talking about debs or rpms: There should not be both
libgnomecanvasmm-2.0 and libgnomecanvas-1.3.x packages. They are the
same thing. Maybe you are using a variety of 3rd party rpms/debs. We
have no control over what packages other people try to create.
Personally, I don't use rpms from anyone but my distro and Ximian.

> I dont know if my problems came from the mixture of diverse
> packages/version I had installed.
> As I didn't find a libgnomecanvasmm-config I had to write the Makefile
> myself (the other day I ried pkf-config)
> Then there were double definitions and namespace problems.

There are gtkmm_hello and gnomemm_hello packages that might give you an
example build structure.

> BTW: Do I have to declare:
> using namespace Gnome::Canvas

No, you can just use the Gnome::Canvas prefix. This is simple C++.
murrayc usa net