Re: [gtkmm] retype() and retype_return()

> > I can't understand why do you think that removing easy-to-understand
part
> > of library would make the core part easier/less scary/whatever. It is
> > nonsense for me.
>
> At the least:
> 1. Someone wants to understand the library. They see lots of code. They
> run away.
> 2. Someone greps the code. They get lots of results. They don't see at a
> glance what's relevant. The central role of that symbol is not clear.

I don't agree at all. It is not that hard to find interesting stuff, and
it is absolutelly not necesary to understand how sigc++'s internals work
to use the library. It is only necessary when you want to contribute
patches or maintain it.

> Less code is less code to understand. If a library has a smaller mandate
> then it's easier to maintain.

Well, lets strip some not-so-often used Gtkmm's stuff then. Why not?
Little people use it, most of them won't even notice that. Move that stuff
to Gtkmm_extra. I think it's a great idea ;)

> I have given you a way out - libsigc_extras. Don't complain about my
> maintainership of libsigc++. Either maintain libsigc++ yourself or
> maintain libsigc_extras.

Murray, this is becoming boring. Perhaps you just don't want to maintain
it? Then quit it. I understand you don't have time to do all this stuff
about maintaing sigc++, gtkmm, and many other libs. But stripping lib's
functionality is definitelly not a good way to solve these problems.

Jarek

Zanim zaczniesz swoj dzien... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1628