Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm and mingw

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Cedric Gustin wrote:

Hi Cedric

> These libraries were compiled a long time ago, using gtk+ DLLs that are not
> available anymore on http://www.gimp.org/win32/. Instead of recompiling
> them using the latest gtk+-1.2 DLLs, I prefered to concentrate on the
> gtkmm-1.3.x port to win32. The patches are now included in CVS and are part
> of the latest gtkmm release (1.3.18). I strongly recommend you to switch to
> gtkmm-1.3.x (and gtk+-2.0 which is much more stable on win32). Because of
> the different C++ name mangling scheme used by MSVC++ and mingw-g++, you'll
> have to use mingw if you want to test and/or compile your own application
> with the binaries I just put on

Well, i give up trying to using these with gtkmm. These worked fine with
my gtk+ programs, but i really want to use gtkmm.

> You'll need gtkmm-1.3.18, libsigc++-1.1.11 along with the latest gtk+-2.0
> DLLs which are always available on http://www.gimp.org/win32/.

I downloaded both sigc++/gtkmm (sigc++ from cvs, gtkmm from the
sourceforce page), and compiled sigc++ using a combination of
mingw and cygnus(mingw first in the PATH). It taked a long time but it got
compiled. I tried compiling gtkmm(1.3.18), and i had to tune the configure
script (when checking if make set the MAKE env.var the script failed with
an unmatched '"'). Im going to try it again later today.

BTW, the configure in gtkmm-1.3.18 needs gtk+-2.0.5, but in
www.gimp.org/win32/ the lastest is gtk+-2.0.3(and glib, and pango and
...). Im going to compile the lastest gtk2.

Thanks for your help.

--
Word is no doubt faster for oppressed office workers and others who just
need to throw something together and get in the post fast without worrying