Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm and mingw

Hi Eric,

At 07:20 PM 7/16/2002 -0400, you wrote:
In http://www.chez.com/cgustin/win32_ports/ i found precompiled versions
of gtkmm-1.2.5 and sigc++-1.0.3, but when i try to run a test program, it
fails(trying to read from a bogus address).

These libraries were compiled a long time ago, using gtk+ DLLs that are not available anymore on http://www.gimp.org/win32/. Instead of recompiling them using the latest gtk+-1.2 DLLs, I prefered to concentrate on the gtkmm-1.3.x port to win32. The patches are now included in CVS and are part of the latest gtkmm release (1.3.18). I strongly recommend you to switch to gtkmm-1.3.x (and gtk+-2.0 which is much more stable on win32). Because of the different C++ name mangling scheme used by MSVC++ and mingw-g++, you'll have to use mingw if you want to test and/or compile your own application with the binaries I just put on

http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/beta/

You'll need gtkmm-1.3.18, libsigc++-1.1.11 along with the latest gtk+-2.0 DLLs which are always available on http://www.gimp.org/win32/.

Maybe those binaries should be put on the sourceforge project page (files section) for an easier access ?

Good luck

Cedric

Does someone maintains precompiled versions of gtkmm1.2/sigc ?

BTW, i tried to compile gtk1.2, but i dont know whats wrong with my sh:
while running ./configure it complains about a syntax error in the script.

Thanks in advance

--
Word is no doubt faster for oppressed office workers and others who just
need to throw something together and get in the post fast without worrying