Re: [gtkmm] pack_start and AttachOptions is still confusing

Am 15.07.2002 19:08 schrieb(en) Murray Cumming:
On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 18:00, Michael Babcock wrote:
> Murray Cumming wrote:
> > This is my favourite so far. So that's:
> > Gtk::SHRINK         = (false, false) = Gtk::SHRINK
> > Gtk::EXPAND_PADDING = (true, false)  = Gtk::EXPAND
> > Gtk::EXPAND_FILL    = (true, true)   = Gtk::EXPAND | Gtk::FILL
> >
> > It has the advantage that it's not so different than the current
system.

> I could live with this too, though I still find FILL a bit
> non-intuitive, but with the "PADDING" there it's understandable.

I can see your point, though you could point out that it's the widget
that we are appling this whole thing to anyway.

Ah, (*BING*), I didn't read EXPAND_WIDGET from that point of view! Now
I understand that it's "EXPAND so that the WIDGET eats all the space".
Clear enough for me. So I have to remove my objections -
I can also live with:

Gtk::SHRINK
Gtk::EXPAND_PADDING
Gtk::EXPAND_WIDGET