Re: [gtkmm] gtkmm graphics questions

Am 06.08.2002 18:43 schrieb(en) Jussi Pakkanen:
--- Martin Schulze <MHL Schulze t-online de> wrote:

> > How can I make the graphics work better? GdkRGB
> seems
> > like a good idea, it's not wrapped according to
> > gtkmm's docs. Will it get wrapped soon? I wouldn't
> > want to code it now with GTK and later recode it
> using
> > gtkmm.
>
> Unless you provide a patch for gtkmm 1.2 it won't be
> wrapped.
> All coding effort goes into gtkmm (pre) 2.0!
> Also if you don't want to recode later the only way
> to go is gtkmm2!

But gtkmm2's documentation also says it will not be
wrapped:

http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/gtkmm2/tutorial/html/ch12s07.html

Sorry, I'm only writing things here I know by heart. So my answers
are incomplete. Some more of that stuff:

- Please cross check the gtk2 documentation for now when the gtkmm2
  docs are lacking information. The integration of the gtk2 docs
  (which are fully applicable since gtkmm2 is a wrapper) is not
  yet finished.
- If you are still sure that you'll need GdkRGB in your code then
  please file a bug report saying that it isn't wrapped but should be.
  Mind to do that rather quick since the API will be frozen really soon.
- I _think_ that you need not allocate the colors in every window you
  use. But if in doubt, try it out :-) And tell us about the results
  so that we can add a note in the docs since the gtk2 docs are
  obviously incomplete here.

Regards,

  Martin