Re: [gtkmm] get method inconsistencies

> > STL's exceptions' what() return char* while Glibmm returns
Glib::ustring.

> I guess the problem is that char* looks like it contains ANSI text, but
> it might contain UTF8 including null characters before the end.

Yes, but name what() is a bit confusing here.

> > It is not a big problem, but it may be a bit confusing. I myself had
had a
> > situation where it's been a problem.
>
> Please give us more details.

It was a silly mistake - I have exception handler that outputs all
messages from exceptions to a treeview (list). Usually I do
row[m_columns.message] = Glib::locale_to_utf8(e.what()) but it is not a
good idea for Glib::Exception and of course I should not call
Glib::locale_to_utf8() for them. It is not a big problem at all, but I've
spent some time to find out why some of error messages cause incorrect
display and Pango warnings :)

Jarek

Rzetelne zrodlo informacji... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f1631