Re: [GtkGLExt] Ubuntu packages for gtkglext

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 07:08:13PM +0200, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
     Hi Victor,

     first of all, thanks for your efforts. I managed to reproduce your bug,
     which turns out to actually be a feature of automake.

     Running 'make distcheck' first generates source packages and afterwards
     tries to build and install the sources. This runs on files and directory
     with only read permissions set to see if the sources are self-contained
     and to simulate builds in non-writable locations. That why you can't
     write to the 'gdkglenumtypes.c.'

     I'm looking for how to best fix this. Meanwhile using 'make dist'
     instead of 'make distcheck' should be a suitable workaround.

This sounds like somebody somewhere is misusing Automake.  See
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Hard_002dCoded-Install-Paths
for possible causes.

J'