Re: [GtkGLExt] My GtkGLExt updates and request to take maintainership

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 05:42:03AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 10/14/2009 12:17 AM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
>
>> We've actually been trying to migrate the project to gnome.org for more
>> than a year. This has been a bit of a fiasco. Some of the delays in
>> responsiveness were on our end; but most of them weren't. Things petered
>> out some months ago after repeated attempts to get Ralf Corsepius a
>> gnome.org account were met with no response. Assuming Ralf wishes to
>> remain attached to this project
>
> I do. However, the way gnome.org processed our attempt to move the
> project to gnome.org has caused my interest in further pursuing a mover
> of gtkglext to gnome.org to a minimum.

Let's see what needs to be done to move it to gnome.org:

1. It is possible for a committer to create new git.gnome.org
repositories automatically without any 3rd party (human) involvement.
[Btw, we should create separate repositories for gtkglext, gtkglextmm,
etc.  due to the way the code and history are organized.]

2. There is a bugzilla.gnome.org component for GtkGLExt already.

3. There is this mailing list.

What remains are accounts to commit to the repository. I have one. Do
you and Braden have accounts too?

Ralf: If you're still waiting for an account, we'll create this
repository and I'll see to it that you get your account after that.
You can not only commit to GtkGLExt, but any of the hundred odd GNOME
projects after that (assuming your patches are reviewed and accepted by
maintainers of that project, of course :).

Until you get the account, you can have GtkGLExt patches from you
committed by any gnome.org committer (git separates the concept of
author and committer, so the patches are committed in your name to the
repo).

GtkGLExt is a GTK+ related project which is considered for inclusion
into GTK+ someday (Project Ridley or not).  It belongs at gnome.org.
You have several more GNOME developers looking at it, and readily able
to commit to it.

		Mukund