Re: [GtkGLExt] My GtkGLExt updates and request to take maintainership

On 10/14/2009 12:17 AM, Braden McDaniel wrote:

We've actually been trying to migrate the project to gnome.org for more
than a year. This has been a bit of a fiasco. Some of the delays in
responsiveness were on our end; but most of them weren't. Things petered
out some months ago after repeated attempts to get Ralf Corsepius a
gnome.org account were met with no response. Assuming Ralf wishes to
remain attached to this project

I do. However, the way gnome.org processed our attempt to move the project to gnome.org has caused my interest in further pursuing a mover of gtkglext to gnome.org to a minimum.

and assuming the idea of moving to
gnome.org isn't met with complete derision by the current comaintainers,
that is the first problem that would need solving.
I regret having to say so, but provided the way gnome.org processed our attempt to move the project to gnome.org, I am not sure further pursuing a mover of gtkglext to gnome.org is a good idea.

For my part, I see migration to gnome.org as something of an
inevitability because I see this project's future (if it has one at all)
as including absorption into GTK+ proper in some form. I think moving to
gnome.org raises this project's visibility among GNOME developers and
hopefully facilitates realization of that future.
Well, only if gnome.org changes their attitude. Otherwise gtkglext is likely better off staying with sourceforge or with moving to another site.

So I'm the easy sell. But you may need to convince folks here that a
move to gnome.org won't make administrative tasks completely impossible.
Because, frankly, that's how it looks to us right now.
Correct.

Ralf