Re: [GtkGLExt] Best way to render text in an OpenGL DrawingArea similar to renderText in Qt Opengl module?

> Mitchell,
>    None of these rendering solutions should in any way be slow; also, if
> I remember correctly there's a font.c example in the gtkglext examples
> directory, as well as an example (IIRC) of using displaylists to
> generate fonts.
>
> ...Eric

I just noticed the examples font.c and font.cc in the gtkglext and gtkglextmm
distributions last night! I had been looking in the Gtk2::GLext perl version which has
almost no good examples, and certainly left off the font example.

I have been playing with it and I will be combining the code there
with the code in my texture mapping
example to see how to get them to work together (i think i make my lists
turn off texture mapping, then  display the text).

I am still confused by some stuff relative to the issue of font backbone
such as pango and ft2 vs xft vs cairo, which I dont see how it interacts -
I see for instance that Bryan Green is using either of the first two.

I see that you are working with
vertex and fragment shaders which I only have begun to read about and I will be
interested  to learn about more, as I do have a relatively modern
nvidia video card.

I will post my perl code if I can get it working...

Thank you for your help.

Mitchell