Re: [GtkGLExt] Best way to render text in an OpenGL DrawingArea similar to renderText in Qt Opengl module?

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 14:50 -0500, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that the Qt version of opengl has a renderText method for writing
> text to display in an opengl widget. Do we have anything similar for
> Gtk and the opengl drawing area? What is recommended? Any sample code that
> I could use. I am displaying medical images and would like to show
> the patient name and image number and date of examination around the
> image such as a CT scan.

Macslow has some posts about wedding opengl / gtkglext with cario

http://macslow.thepimp.net/?p=67

I've ended up creating a glstring class (I use gtkglextmm), see
http://soma.mit.edu/browser/software/tspikes/trunk/src/ but I use
opengl-2.0-specific features (vertex/fragment shaders) so it might not
be helpful.
...Eric