Re: [GtkGLExt] Module proposal: GtkGLExt for GNOME 2.22 (fwd)

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 17:43 -0400, Stéphane Brunet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually, I have a question about this migration as a gnome module.
>
> What would be the benefit to migrate the code to a gnome module rather
> than maintaining the present codebase ?
I don't see any.

Frankly speaking, I'd prefer to see GtkGLExt to stay outside of Gnome.

> If somebody really wants to put some work on it (I guess so, else no one
> would propose to move the code to a gnome module), why not taking over
> the present project and update it?
IMO, the step to getting started, would be to modernize the package and
to clean it up from historical artifacts.

> Now, let me expose my thought on this gtkglext revival :
>     - nobody maintains it presently. Why not share this task between
> various people?
Yep, you can count me in. I am the maintainer of GtkGLExt (and several
further GL related packages) in Fedora and am actively using GtkGLExt
for my own (in-house/non-public) works.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to act as principle maintainer,
but I am definitely willing to help and assist, should somebody else
want to take the lead.

Ralf