[GtkGLExt] BadColor

I am seeing a problem where my application gets a "BadColor" X Window System
error, and exits.  I can make the problem go away with the
'--gdk-gl-no-standard-colormap' option.

It does depend on what GL visual I request.  But it also doesn't happen
consistently:  I have to run a program many times before the error starts
occuring, and then it occurs consistently until I shutdown and restart X.
Now that I've restarted X, I'm having trouble reproducing it, but I've seen it
many times in the past, ever since I started using gtkglext.

It apparently has something to do with the 'XmuLookupStandardColormap()' call.
Any ideas what is happening here?  I'm starting to just put the following in
my code to be safe, but its a kludge:

  putenv("GDK_GL_NO_STANDARD_COLORMAP=1");
  gdk_gl_init(&argc, &argv);

-bryan