Re: [GtkGLExt] pygtkglext diff for Debian

On 08:37 Sun 17 Dec     , vwf wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 05:41:51PM +0100, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> > vwf schrieb:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I see on the site that there is a Debian package for pygtkglext. Then
> > > there is most  probably a diff file. Does anyone know where I can find
> > > this diff file?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > In case you mean the diff from original source to source used for the
> > Debian package it should be in the Debin source package.
>
> The original source and the debian diff-file, containing all debian
> specific elements, are normally distributed seperately (this is the
> debian way).

For official debian project packages:

the original source and the debian diff file are normally distributed separately -
from the debian binary package-
but "together"
as part of the "debian source" package gotten usually with
the command
apt-get source pygtkglext.

I think the questioner is pointing out that pygtkglext
is not part of the ususal debian distribution archives, and thus
apt-cache search pygtkglext gives you nothing - not binary or source.

He wants to know - will the creator of the pygtkglext .deb file
 also distibute the
source tarball which includes the diff file?

I think,

Mitchell Laks