Re: [gtk-win32] gdk_pixbuf and "png" format files.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tor Lillqvist"

That is always wrong. No 3rd-party DLLs should be there. Copying
random 3rd-party DLLs to system32 might have been the normal
convention back in Windows 98 days, but we are in 2010 now, and it has
not been a good idea for a long time. And it isn't just me saying
this.

Bear in mind that this is just for my own testing purposes.  I've been
programming Windows apps for long enough to know how to install things on other peoples' systems - but system32 is fine for testing.

If you just copy the gdk-pixbuf DLL somewhere else and not an
appropriately complete folder structure, it won't work.

That sounds reasonable enough but AFAICT the only requirement for png files
to work is that libpng12-0.dll needs to be in the same folder as
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0-0.dll (which it is).  What elements of the structure am I
missing?  Or do they need to be in a specific folder?

Thanks,

John