Re: [gtk-win32] gdk_pixbuf and "png" format files.

> Not really.  The basic path structure was preserved during installation but
> I did copy the DLLs to C:\Windows\System32

That is always wrong. No 3rd-party DLLs should be there. Copying
random 3rd-party DLLs to system32 might have been the normal
convention back in Windows 98 days, but we are in 2010 now, and it has
not been a good idea for a long time. And it isn't just me saying
this.

It is also the reason to the problem, as that version of gdk-pixbuf
was built with the so-called "loaders" ("modules" that contain the
actual functionality to read and write various image formats) as
separate DLLs. gdk-pixbuf expects them to be located in a certain
folder relative to where the gdk-pixbuf DLL is. If you just copy the
gdk-pixbuf DLL somewhere else and not an appropriately complete folder
structure, it won't work.

--tml