Re: [gtk-win32] xinput flag

(Adding gtk-win32-list back to Cc: Let's keep this thread public.)

> Do you know of any sample GTK program using wintab for windows ?

Well, the scribble-xinput should be a such. It just has a misleading
name, I don't see anything X11-specific in it. If you don't notice any
extended input working in your build of scribble-xinput, something
must be wrong then, and you need to debug it...

Besides scribble-xinput, I only know of the much more complex GIMP,
and presumably Inkscape too.

Note that GTK+ programs use platform-independent GTK+ APIs for
extended input, they don't need separate code for XInput on X11 and
Wintab on Windows.

> At least, is there any documentation on the gtk wintab interface ?

You mean documentation for the implementation of the interface between
GTK+ on Windows and Wintab? No. Just the source code,
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/tree/gdk/win32/gdkinput-win32.c .

As for how to use extended input devices in GTK+ source code, the
documentaion is
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Input-Devices.html I
assume.

BTW, this mailing list, gtk-win32-list, is in my opinion not really
needed and should be shut down. It is fine to discuss Windows-specific
issues on the general GTK+ mailing lists, gtk-devel-list and
gtk-app-devel-list.

--tml