Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] critical error if scaling is on

It cannot be called without a prior gtkglext begin call, as far as I know. If it seems to work, beware- you're walking into a trap. Allow me to explain.

Gtkglext uses glXMakeCurrent in its begin function, but doesn't "unMakeCurrent" by passing NULL for the context in glXMakeCurrent when you use gtkglext's end function. To make a given OpenGL context not current, you either call glXMakeCurrent with NULL for the context or you make another OpenGL context current. This is a problem if a program uses more than one context for rendering OpenGL and somebody (ahem) uses OpenGL calls without putting them into a gtkglext begin - end enclosure. Obviously what will happen is the widget will work well when used in an example program alone, but will not play well with others.

What I suggest is that the map and unmap events be used. I am not sure, whether the widget is mapped for each of these calls, but I am sure it is readily testable.

Regards,

Rob Stoddard

Anthony Liguori wrote: