Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Supporting VMware VNC extensions in gtk-vnc

> As Ramesh points out, I'll be working on a way to
> negotiate client->server message capabilities reasonably soon.  With
> that, I hope to have more formal documentation as well.

Just so we're all on the same page: there *is* an acceptable way to negotiate
new client->server messages, which Anthony previously outlined for me. I
don't believe it's spelled out in exact detail in the latest RFB protocol
document, but it works as follows:

- client reports that it supports the new message type using an encoding
number in the set of encodings it sends to the server
- server sends a dummy 'ack' rectangle back using that encoding number to
confirm that the server supports it
- client starts sending messages using the new message type as it desires

--
Ramesh