Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Releasing proposal

Jonh Wendell wrote:
Em Qui, 2008-02-07 às 17:34 -0600, Anthony Liguori escreveu:
Jonh Wendell wrote:
Hi, folks.

What do you think about freezing 0.3 series and move improvements and
new features to 0.4?

0.3.4 would be released only with bug fixes (if found).

Thus we can do lots of tests with that branch, trunk, and let the 0.3
branch untouchable.
What's the rational? Have we been having regressions from release to release?

I think we've been able to maintain pretty good stability between releases.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

If an user run vinagre against gtk-vnc 0.3.4 (when it's released), it
will find a bad behavior in fullscreen mode, because I'm using old
set_pointer() behavior.

How bad will the behavior be? If it's unacceptable, I'm willing to say that the old behavior was part of the old interface and introduce a new interface that behaves "properly".

So, I could guarantee to vinagre's users that it will work with gtk-vnc
0.3.x.

I'd like to keep users working as much as possible. If that means introduce API warts, I'm okay with that. Eventually, once we've got enough confidence that we know how to do it right, we'll break the API only once and get rid of the warts.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

And next vinagre version will work with gtk-vnc 0.4.

Cheers,