Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] [Q] gvncviewer with gthread

Jonh Wendell wrote:
Em Seg, 2008-02-04 às 21:52 -0600, Anthony Liguori escreveu:
Hi Atsushi,

Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
Hi, Anthony

I have a question about Authenication window in sample program gvncviewer with gthread.

If I select --with-coroutine=ucontext,
Authenication window appeared.

But If I select --with-coroutine=gthread,
Authenication window appeared but just white blank.

Is there any reason exists?
It looks like it's an issue with gtk_dialog_run(). This function enters a recursive main loop which is a generally unsafe thing to do in gtk. It's unfortunately really that it does this.

Can't it be solved by dropping gtk_dialog_run() call, and replace it
with something like this:

Sure, my concern though is that I don't want to impose restrictions on users of VncDisplay. I think it would be confusing if you couldn't use gtk_dialog_run within a signal handler.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

  GtkWidget *d;

  d = gtk_message_dialog_new (parent,
			      GTK_DIALOG_MODAL | GTK_DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
			      GTK_MESSAGE_ERROR,
			      GTK_BUTTONS_CLOSE,
			      message);

  g_signal_connect_swapped (d,
"response", G_CALLBACK (gtk_widget_destroy),
			    d);
  gtk_widget_show_all (GTK_WIDGET(d));

Cheers,