Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] BadColor error on connect

Hi Daniel,
On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 12:19:21PM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> That changeset is definitely the fix - the problem was that GtkGLExt loads
> a GdkColourmap object based on the global colormap ID stored in a property
> on the root window. When the GtkGlExt config object is unref, it unrefs
> the colormap, and this causes Gtk to destroy the global shared colormap.
> The fix stops Gtk from destroying foreign shared colormaps.
I rechecked after your confirmation and the problem was, that I still
had an RGB_DEFAULT_MAP(RGB_COLOR_MAP) on the root window. After:
 xprop -remove RGB_DEFAULT_MAP -root
things started to work as expected.

I just noticed another issue: when running virt-viewer on ppc against a
local vm the vnc display first looks fine but when resizing the window
red turns to green and white to "yellow" - when I disable scaling things
turn back to normal - seems there's still an endianess bug hiding
somewhere.

Thanks for the help!
 -- Guido