Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] BadColor error on connect

Yes, this is a known bug in gtkglext. It seems to affect a few programs, not just gtk-vnc based programs. Since nobody is really maintaining gtkglext, it probably won't get fixed. Although "kludgey," using GDK_GL_NO_STANDARD_COLORMAP=1 is a decent fix; I simply put that in a putenv() call so I don't have to worry about the user's environment having that.

Rob Stoddard

Guido Günther wrote:
Hi,
I'm seeing the above error when trying to connect to a VNC server with
vinagre or to a virtual machine with virt-viewer with gtk-vnc 0.3.5 and
scaling enabled on PPC with nv graphics. The problem disappears when using GDK_GL_NO_STANDARD_COLORMAP=1 or when
building with --without-gtkglext. However everything seems to be fine
on my intel box with intel graphics. Any ideas what's causing this?
I had a quick look at the code and couldn't spot any major differences
to other apps using gtkglext and GDK/GTK_GL_DEBUG=all also yields
nothing.
 -- Guido