Re: [gtk-vnc-devel] Mouse pointer patch, take 2

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 07:39:27AM -0700, Rob Stoddard wrote:
I would personally make it an option to use the real cursor, a fake cursor, or no cursor at all. Best to support all options IMHO.

No because that increases code complexity for no functional gain. If done
correctly the end user should not be able to tell the difference between
a real cursor & a fake cursor we render ourselves. Thus there is no point
in supporting both approaches to implementing it.

If the X server cannot support a particular cursor (and it frequently can't), GDK renders it in software for you. No point in duplicating the functionality GDK already provides.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Dan.